LANDLORDS…LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT APPROACH?
WANT DIRECT ACCESS TO AN ALMOST LIMITLESS SUPPLY OF PROSPECTIVE STUDENT TENANTS?
For innovation in student lettings and to discuss how we can meet all your needs as a landlord contact the ONLY official and approved student letting agency of Northumbria University. With direct and exclusive access to over 36,000 Northumbria University students, NU:LETSis perfectly placed to meet all your needs as a landlord.
Here are just some of the reasons students rent through NU:LETSrather than a high street agent…
- Value – renting through NU:LETSwon’t cost students a single penny, unlike the majority of high street agents who typically charge Admin Fees of 50% of a month’s rent
- Trust – with the Students’ Union President and Vice President on our Board of Trustees, students know their best interests are inherently considered with NU:LETS
- Convenience – we are uniquely positioned on campus, the daily thoroughfare of thousands of students
- Marketing – through NU:LETS your property will benefit from unparalleled exposure to the students of 6th largest University in the U.K, before they visit the high street
Further reasons to place your property with NU:LETS:
- No Let, No Fee – you only pay us once we’ve secured a suitable tenancy on your behalf
- Qualified staff – a branch manager with over ten years’ experience of private rental accommodation throughout the North East
- Registering your deposit with the DPS at no extra charge
- Financial and business strength – NU:LETS is backed by Northumbria Students’ Union, an organisation with a successful track record in various other commercial areas such as retail, conferencing facilities, bars, restaurants, nightclubs, as well as delivering numerous non-commercial activities
In addition to the above benefits, economies of scale, an intimate knowledge of suppliers, and a regularly vetted bank of tried and trusted contractors, will result in superb cost effectiveness, meaning maximum return on your investment.
For further information please call us directly on 0191 227 4585.
Services for landlords
We offer two core services: Management and Tenant-Find (please note we are open to suggestions of a hybrid service to suit your needs).
In a nutshell, our Comprehensive Management Service is charged at 12% of a calendar month’s rent, and includes:
1. Comprehensive market appraisal
2. Professional marketing photos and property descriptions
3. Innovative marketing strategies, including text/email applicant updates
4. Arranging and conducting accompanied viewings, including transport to and from property
5. Securing a tenant and negotiating best rent
6. Obtaining references and drawing up the tenancy agreement
7. Serving of Section 21 notices to quit
8. Registration of tenants’ deposits with the Dispute Protection Services (DPS)
9. Arranging the check-in of the tenant at the start of the tenancy
10. Transfer of utilities
11. Organising, where appropriate, Gas Safety Certificates (CP12), Electrical Periodic Inspection Report (PIR),
Portable Appliance Tests (PAT), Energy Performance Certificates (EPC), Building and Contents insurance
12. Ensuring HMO compliance, where applicable
13. Preparation of an inventory and schedule of condition, where appropriate
14. Collection of rent and chasing of arrears
15. 24-hour call out service
16. Updating of inventory and schedule of condition
17. Provision of monthly statements and arranging payment of outgoings
18. Basic legal advice on current legislation
19. Managing/negotiating deposit deductions
20. Managing the check-out process, including dilapidation assessment and subsequent remedial works
21. Dealing with all queries from tenants
22. Quarterly property inspections and advice on findings
Our Tenant-Find Service is charged at 50% of a calendar month’s rent, and includes:
*points 1-9 above
We can take the hassle and cost out of letting and managing your property. Please email email@example.com for a copy of our Terms & Conditions, or call 0191 227 4585 for an informal chat about what you want from your property investment.
The Fee Schedule
Download our fee schedule here
Talk Lettings has been designed with the lettings market in mind. It aims to provide landlords with useful, up to the minute information surrounding the industry. From legal and regulatory requirements, useful guides and up to date industry news and tips for maintaining let properties. All the articles are written by industry experts from both Endsleigh and our expert partners.
Landlords think about getting some insurance to protect your Student Rental interests?
After consultations with landlords who primarily deal with student tenants, Endsleigh has drawn together their established expertise alongside the needs of landlords to create an exclusive insurance policy.
Their comprehensive and competitively priced policy has been specifically designed for the specialist landlords’ needs as well as offering a monthly premium option.
NU:LETS…THE STUDENT LANDLORDS’ AGENT
OUR PAST PERFORMANCE IS A GUARANTEE OF YOUR FUTURE SUCCESS!